Phone: +44 (0)20 8943 5333

or click here to email Tim Cheers

Landlord Insurance

Cheers’ provides residential landlord insurance for property let to Professional tenants, Students and DSSS tenants.  

Landlord insurance is essential, as normal home insurance may not pay for claims such as burst water pipes or accidental damage caused to your home or another person by your tenants.

To ensure you are fully protected, it is recommended that you purchase landlord insurance, which provides the right protection and additional cover you need as standard.

It’s your responsibility to make sure that your tenants are as safe as possible, however accidents can happen and that’s where having liability insurance comes in. As a landlord it protects you against claims made by tenants for damage to their property or personal injury arising from incidents connected with your rental property.

If one of your tenants makes a claim against you, and you are found to be legally liable, liability insurance should cover the following costs associated with legal action:

  • Loss of earnings
  • Future loss of earnings
  • Damages awarded to the claimant
  • Your legal costs in defending a claim
  • Claimants’ legal costs if you are at fault

Specialist Landlords Portfolio Insurance gives big savings for Landlords with more than one property, find out about insuring all your properties under a portfolio policy and enjoy savings on your premium.

Ask us about Landlord insurance with optional covers:

  • A range of protection including buildings cover as well as public and property owners’ liability up to £5m
  • Public liability – Protection in the event your tenant claims against you for an injury, and you are found to be legally liable. Public liability insurance will cover costs associated with legal action
  • Contents only cover for landlords with leasehold properties, such as flats, where the buildings insurance may already be arranged by a freehold management company
  • Alternative accommodation costs following an insured event, for example a flood or fire Glass and locks replacement
  • Accidental damage to your property Landlords’ contents insurance, including those contained within communal areas
  • Loss of rent following an insured event
  • Employers’ liability – protection in the event an employee claims against you for an injury caused in the course of their employment.

Click for Tenants Contents Insurance

To minimize the risk a number of measures can be taken. These include securing windows and doors and carrying out a regular inspection of the property.

Send email to Tim Cheers



Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)

Your telephone number (required)


Your Message

Please enter the code: